Emily’s Dad loves this joke.
Who is Santa’s favourite singer?
What couldn’t the fairy help Santa?
Because she had tinselitis!
Ho ho ho!
This is one of Emily’s favourite jokes – do you know why?
What carol is heard in the desert?
Oh Camel ye Faithful!
Don’t know about you but I’m starting to feel very Christmassy!
I think it’s because earlier in the month it was my birthday and a few days later my daughter’s birthday – these are the last family birthdays of the year so once they’re over I can officially shout ‘It’s Christmas!!’?(Well, nearly.)
As you’ll know, if you’ve read any of the books, Emily Sparkes loves Christmas! But of course she worries about it! This is Emily’s Christmas Worry List from Emily Sparkes and the Backstage Blunder:
Things to worry about at Christmas
- Getting a rubbish part in the school play (very likely)
- Getting rubbish presents (quite likely)
- Forgetting someone when you write your class Christmas cards (not very likely because I triple-ish check twelve times and Im going to write three cards for Zuzanna & Chloe just in case)
- Trying to open a card from Gross-Out Gavin without actually touching the bit of the envelope he licked
- Being made to eat a sprout
- Being made to eat two sprouts!
I’ve been wondering about what Emily would do for Christmas. I’ll bet she’d have a fun family Christmas with Gran coming round to drink the sherry and cheat at Pictionary, Mum having a minor Christmas pudding emergency and Sabre wee-ing up the Christmas tree and fusing the lights. Sounds pretty normal to me!
Anyway ?- maybe I’m getting Christmassy a little early but I’m just excited because I’ve got a special Christmas treat to announce. A new Emily Sparkes story. It will be here to download FREE in the next week or so – a Happy Christmas present from me and Emily! So don’t forget to keep checking back here, ?or if your on the mailing list – look out for an email.
Now, after all that excitement, I think I deserve a mince pie…